Dienstag, 29. August 2006

alsteration - the rain and the triathletes

13.7° celsius. drizzle (again), windy. 18:45 (1:14 hrs)

the rain gets really into my nerve. it rains everyday - don't they have a time-out? i was quite mad really. somehow the sky understood my problem (haven't run since friday) and literally stopped the pours. i was happy. so i packed up my stuffs and drove to my favourite lake to do my rounds.

there were lots of joggers. some triathletes too. most of them are either training up for the upcoming 10 km run (3. september) or the triathlon (10. september) or both. after my stretching procedure, i started running slowly and halfway through, i met one of the runners from my training group. he was doing his long slow jog and even though i'm doing the same, somehow i felt that my tempo is quite fast! i overtook them after saying a short hello. i didn't know what to do, if i were to join them, then i'll be running extremely slow - which i didn't want. if i were to just ran away and ignore, it wouldn't be nice. ahhh... what the heck, short hello is enough, cos i need my run for myself!

the second round started as fast (slow) as the first. at the alsterperle, i saw a tall guy in blue t-shirt stretching out. i passed him by and 200m later he did it too me. i continued with my tempo. halfway through i saw the guy in blue t-shirt again. this time i picked up a little bit of tempo and soon after that i overtook him - hee... hee... don't run too fast in the beginning! my tempo got faster and faster and soon i overtook every person that was running in front of me. for the last stretch of the lake, a guy in grey t-shirt was running fast but i was very determined to catch up with him. and i did and left him behind! to my surprise i didn't even sprint at the end, which i usually do. my legs ached a bit but i guest i did my tempodauerlauf to my satisfaction.



alsteration (week 35) : 14.8 km
alstering : 14.8 km (2 rounds)
non-alstering : 0

total running (august) : 174.09 km
davon
alstering : 118.4 km (16 rounds)
68.01% gehört zu alsteration