Mittwoch, 14. März 2007

ruhe bewahren

11° celsius. dry and very windy. 18:07 (2:08:14)

what should i do today? the weather looked very fine - sunshine and almost no clouds. the high pressure in central europe was the culprit for bringing such weather. hmm... why should i complain then? ahh... yes. i was misguided by the "warm" weather to ignore the "correct" running attire i should be wearing. i was "scarcely dressed"!

it wasn't that bad when i started the run cos the route was always blocked by either trees or buildings along the way. but once i reached the alster, it was totally different. wind blowing from the lake, sometimes left, sometimes right or either headwind or tailwind. it got worse after the sun set cos the wind got stronger and my legs got heavier. with just a thin running shirt without my gloves, i tried to control the coldness that got into me and swore that i would always have my gloves with me during winter - snow or sunshine, it doesn't matter. my hands were practically frozen. lesson learned.

during the run, there were times when i was tempted to run faster whenever someone ran past me and to follow his tempo. i told myself to stay relax cos this is not a competition, just a normal run - you've done enough for the week. so i strolled back home after running my weekly wednesday halfmarathon.

alsteration (week 11) : 28.749 km
alstering : 14.66 km
non-alstering : 14.089 km

total running (march) : 93.553 km
davon
alstering : 36.65 km
39.18% gehört zu alsteration