Mittwoch, 9. Januar 2008

first run of the year 2008

7° celsius. cloudy and slightly windy. 16:24 (1:18:55)

not that motivated to run today, but i must run. it was windy outside and i hate wind very much. it wasn't dark when i started the run but that didn't last long.

had to stop several times at the traffic lights (i think they did it on purpose that i just missed the green man when i wanted to cross the road). right at the beginning of my run, the wind started to get stronger and this was really depressing. i thought of running 20 km today, but my sense got the better of me - how could i survive a run after an almost 3 weeks break (it was just laziness :-)).

anyway, there was something new with me today. i was running and listening to the music from my iphone - which means, i don't have to carry my mp3 and mobile phone anymore. only the damn earphones really annoyed me - it kept dropping down from my ears. i had to keep shoving it up and adjusted it into my ears - i guessed i lost valuable seconds during the run! whatever it is, i know that i won't be using it during any races, maybe only during sightseeing marathon. by then i have to get a better earphones with speaker so that i could talk to my friends during the run - like i did during singapore marathon 2006.

there were a number of runners/joggers as i reached the alster. comparing the weather today with 2 weeks ago - this was really mild (a jump from at least 10 degrees celsius). no wonder that i saw some of them wearing either just sweater or even shorts!

the idea of running longer had to be thrown away becos the wind was getting stronger. i realised that when it gets dark, the wind always blows stronger than in the day. i don't know why, it was just my observation. whatever it was, i completed my round and jogged slowly back home.

alsteration (week 2) : 13.402 km
alstering : 7.330 km
non-alstering : 6.073 km

total running (january) : 13.402 km
davon
alstering : 7.33 km
54.69% gehört zu alsteration