Mittwoch, 4. Juli 2007

training for the summer

21° celsius. cloudy, slighly windy and drizzle. 18:27 (1:58:54)

the weather now is really shitty. either it rains, stormy weather with strong winds or just rainy and windy. today was the first time that the weather looked okay, the sun came out from time to time. i was so desperate to run that i told myself that i would just go running in any kind of weather.

i started running slowly with a bottle of water in my hand. had to stop several time waiting for the traffic light to go green for the pedestrians. slowly was the word for today - i just want to regain my endurance so that i won't be short of breath for the next running events. the wind blew quite strongly and the first drop of rain touched my face at about 600 m after i started running. be strong - i must do it today! i carried on running and got into my slow tempo for the first 3/4 round of alster. then came two young guys chatting behind me and overtook me. they laughed at one of the male jogger who had a super tiny and tight running short (not a tight) that revealed almost everything. well, i just smiled looking after i saw it. i stayed relax. then came another guy pacing behind me. that was it! right at the bottom of the bridge, i increased my tempo and left the third behind. shortly after i ran much faster and overtook the two guys from earlier and held the pace till i reached my starting point. at this time, the wind was blowing quite strongly and the drizzle was quite annoying too. i slowed down once i reached my destination and ran my slow pace again.

ahh.. what the heck with slow pacing. i'd decided that i was going to do fartlek today. i "sprint" up every time when there's an elevation, that is, the bridges (and hamburg has plenty of them). i slowed down each time i reached the highest point of the bridge and carried on with the slow pace. wow, that was tiring. for the last 600 m or so i ran as fast as i could after i saw the two guys from earlier on and sprinted all the way to my starting point. just about 50 meters before the end, i bumped directly into a guy who was taking a leave from his female friend and didn't see that i was coming "fast". i just shouted 'shit'. well, it didn't matter, i overtook the two guys again. well not bad actually, i did run my 20 km and a fartlek integrated in it. work done for today.

alsteration (week 27) : 20.772 km
alstering : 14.66 km
non-alstering : 6.112 km

total running (july) : 20.772 km
davon
alstering : 14.66 km
70.58% gehört zu alsteration