Samstag, 17. März 2007

blown by the wind

11° celsius. partly cloudy with strong wind. 10:09 (0:42:40)

what a shitty day. all i wanted to do was to do my lsd today but the wind had other plans. it was sooo nice and beautiful the whole week through and now this!

i was quite happy when i woke up this morning to see that it was sunny. no rain. after i was done with all the dingsbums, i drove off to my usual starting point at the alster. the mandatory photos were taken before i started my run. the weather looked fine, only slight wind and partly cloudy. i did some warm-up exercises as usual and then began my run.



the start was slow cos my intention for today was to do 4 rounds of alster, equivalent to about 29.3 km. after about a kilometer or so, my stomach began to "blurp". huh? why now? i have never had any problem with my stomach before - i didn't have breakfast, in fact i never have any breakfast before my morning run. so why now?

i thought about the next toilet. at the alsterperle. it was about 1+ km before i reached there. then came the wind. i was practically blown away by the wind from the side and at times headwind. it was so annoying fighting against the wind and the stomachache. as i reached the alsterperle, the toilet was closed. well, not really closed unless you pay 25 cents to use it. damn it. when the hell they started this? i didn't carry any money with me at all, just my keys. then i remembered reading somewhere from a german blogger who wrote about the 25 cents entry charge. damn. damn. damn.

i had to continue my run cos the next toilet was somewhere 2 km ahead. the wind was getting stronger and stronger. my stomach was complaining, my body was complaining about the wind, my head was complaining to stop the run and go back home. i was only halfway around the lake. ahhh....

i passed the restaurant without stopping to the toilet. my goal now was to run slightly faster to my car and end the damn run for today. the final 1.5 km was a bit better cos i had a strong tailwind. nevertheless the mood to run was already gone. not fun anymore with the wind and the stomach. i was happy as i reached my destination point and by that time, my stomachache was also gone. contemplating of continuing the run but the strong wind just prevented me from any running thoughts for today.

alsteration (week 11) : 47.427 km
alstering : 21.99 km
non-alstering : 25.437 km

total running (march) : 112.230 km
davon
alstering : 43.98 km
39.19% gehört zu alsteration