Mittwoch, 28. März 2007

ankle pain but still running

16° celsius. sunny but windy. 18:44 (1:12:58)

i still blame on my stupidity for doing too much on a given short time. 30 km run, sprint training, badminton and fitness exercise within 5 days must be the cause of my pain in my legs. it went ding-dong between right and left. right ankle, left knee, right thigh, left ankle, right knee and so on. i was really frustrated cause the berlin halfmarathon is only in a few days time!

so as usual i ran slowly towards the alster and did some stretching exercise once i was there. the weather was a bit colder due to the wind (which i hate a lot) but there were so many joggers around the alster. i started slowly at first and continue to pick up the pace once i settled in. halfway through the alster i met my teammates, carsten running together with karin. both of them would be running in berlin too. gee... karin looked really fit - i wonder how fast she would be running in halfmarathon.

i felt a little bit comfortable while running and at times i had to slow down when i felt a twitch in my ankle. don't overexert yourself! lucky for me nothing serious happened. i had decided to run just one round of alster, just to go easy with my legs. once again, i saw my teammates coming in an opposite direction. carsten gave me a hi-five - smacking right in my right palm, ouch!

did the same thing after i completed the round, stretching and warming down before i ran back home. not quite really. i took a train for the last kilometer cos the wind was getting stronger and my legs were getting softer.

alsteration (week 13) : 24.421 km
alstering : 14.66 km
non-alstering : 9.761 km

total running (march) : 184.728 km
davon
alstering : 65.97 km
35.71% gehört zu alsteration