Montag, 18. Juni 2007

i just want to run

17° celsius. cloudy and wet. 20:05 (0:43:40)

my target for today is to run slow. just enough for my fitness since i haven't been running for quite sometime. at first i thought i would skip today's run since it is already "quite late" and it rained few hours ago. furthermore i've just eaten junk foods from mcdonald's : filet-o-fish + fries + sprite + chicken wrap + 3 chicken burger. no wonder i am gaining weight all the time!

anyway, as i reached my alster, the were quite a number of joggers doing their rounds. i started my doing some stretching and then ran slowly. my long pants and jacket didn't help very much cos i felt too warm after a short distance. yeah, that 15.5° from the car's thermometer was actually right - the problem is i didn't take the sunshine and humidity after the rain into the consideration. the jacket was halfway unzipped und the sleeves pulled up. from the look of the incoming joggers, i could sense that they might say, "it's too f**cking hot to wear what you're wearing for jogging!". nevertheless, i just stick to my plan to run slowly.

halfway through the run, i realised that i've been running for almost 21 minutes. that's good cos i would have an end-time of about 40 - 42 minutes for one alsterround. perfect. however this was not the case, someone overtook me and at first i told myself, relax, run slowly. that person didn't run fast enough to make my ignore him! i just ran a tad faster but still the gap was about 15 - 20 meters. then another guy overtook me and both of them were running almost side-by-side. i increased my tempo a little bit and then found myself getting nearer and nearer to both of the first guy. overtook him (mission accomplished) and the second guy was getting slower at the small hill. almost overtook him but then he stopped running altogether by the time i reached him. hmmm.... i continued my high tempo till i reached my starting point and took a look at the watch - 37:48, wow 3 minutes faster than first half. did a warm-down run and some stretching before driving back home.

my goal today wasn't met becos i wanted to do a slow run but turned out to be partly tempo run. met steffen and he would probably join our running group. well, i might see him during the halfmarathon this coming sunday maybe.