Montag, 9. Juli 2007

viel zu viel

21° celsius. sunny, cloudy, windy and drizzle. 10:09 (2:40:00)

it was perfect day as i drove through the city towards alster. not many vehicles. as i reached my alster, i could see that many joggers were already making full use of the weather - no rain! many joggers drove their car (instead of running) to the alster (eg. me). the driver who just parked the car in front of me turned out to be a runner as well. well, i would call him a3 (cos he drove audi a3). it was still a bit windy.

i was still fumbling with the keys, car radio and mp3 when a3 started to run. i took my time really slowly and did very little exercise. lsd should be today. target : 30 km. wow, i don't know if i could do it. haven't been doing it for such a long time. talking about it, i've realised that mileage in may was super low - about 68 km! that is less than my weekly mileage in winter!

so i started running slowly towards the american consulate and my legs felt really damn heavy. after 400m there was a small slope and then 200 m later a bridge. my legs felt still a bit sore from yesterday's badminton game. well, today is just long slow running, i told myself. with the nice weather, the paths along the alster were taken by runners, morning walkers, strollers and tourists. yes, definitely tourists, cos i've seen at least 10 buses stopped somewhere along the alster and each of them had full house tourists sitting in their buses. i didn't mind the tourists at all if they could just step aside from the paths instead of blocking the way. damn tourists.

i met my a3 after almost halfway through and then again 400 m before the starting point. a3 was doing long run too, i thought cos it was his second round. as i reached my starting point, i stopped at my car and drank my self-concocted drink (no, not doping materials) and wiped the perspire around my face. started running again for my second round.

second round was a test of patience. there were several guys who overtook me and the desire to follow their pace was really high. no, stay cool and run with the pace that i'm doing now! it was hard seeing the guys past zoomed me. met a3 again somewhere and i think he knew who i am. my tempo was getting faster and i didn't even know why cos i didn't feel it at all. only from my gf 305 that i knew the pace was increasing. this time i reached my car earlier than a3 and did the same procedure before going for my third round.

i didn't know what got into my head and legs that i continued to run at higher tempo than i usually do. must be the anxiety to finally have the chance to run, i guess. as i was running, i saw a guy walking naked in his house (no brick walls, just glasses). either he didn't care about people seeing him or he wanted people to see him naked. anyway, it didn't matter to me either, i just wanted to run.

got to my car again before i started my fourth round. this time i felt quite tired but the head still saying push a little harder. i thought i would go slow this round.

ohh... by the way, today was motorrad gottesdienst (motorcycles prayers) in hamburg where more than 30.000 motorcycles had their blessings in st. michaelis church (michel). i saw a group of riders with their mini motorcycles (the riders look cute though as if sitting on a baby bicycle), harley davidsons and other huge motorcycles of all sorts. they did make quite a din as well.

well, i did run slower than previous round and as i reached my car again, i ran slowly for about 800 m as a warming down run which was followed by stretching. i felt good at the end and finally succeeded in running my first 30 km after the long break.

the day was not done yet and went to see some friends playing in the badminton tournament. unfortunately, one of the guy registered my name and i was "forced" to play. 3 hard battling sets in a mixed double - i was totally unprepared with my "ballet" shoes (that was what the guys saying - macho comments), bermuda and racket from someone else. as i said, i was there only to take a look and not to play. anyway, we won :-).


alsteration (week 27) : 50.913 km
alstering : 43.98 km
non-alstering : 6.933 km

total running (july) : 50.913 km
davon
alstering : 43.98 km
86.38% gehört zu alsteration