Mittwoch, 26. November 2008

one-eyed light runner

3° celsius. clear sky. 17:18 (1:00:50)

i don't even know when was the last time i ran. had to follow my doctor's orders , not to exert myself too much when doing my running. i wasn't allowed to run the quickborn 25 km run fortnight ago and on coming sunday the very popular advent run in ratzeburg for 31.5 km. i had to give up my starting place to someone else (my running mate).

where were we today? there were 16 of us and i didn't know where we ran cos rainer introduced a new route for us instead of the usual rounds around the stadtpark. we ran in the stadtpark and it was really dark. some of my running mates brought lights while others carry that bicycle blinking light. there were few joggers who ran with the headlight - you could only see the light on their forehead and nothing else. we ran through the neighbourhood and through the train station, whereby people were wondering what the hell was this group of runners doing in their neighbourhood during this cold weather. for the first time i realised how nice it was to run in the dark along the river alster. the sky was totally clear and the lights from the houses near the bank were reflected on that still water. it was simply beautiful.

i wasn't sure whether i could cope with the "long run" today. thanks to annette who kept talking to me during the run which i totally forget about my fitness and endurance problem. after running zigzag through lanes and houses, we finally made our way back to the sportcenter. what rainer told us in the beginning, that he would lead us to a 10 km run today was true. 9.77 km recorded on my gps watch. that's why he's the trainer i guess.