Sonntag, 10. Februar 2008

25. straßenlaufcup 2008 (10 km)

3° celsius. clear sky. 10:00 (0:43:18)

i was nervous this morning. not because of the run but the parking lot. last year i was slightly late and had to park quite a distance away from the starting point. the damn navi in the car couldn't do what any human usually did - shortest distance with fastest route. instead it gave me shortest distance with complicated route or fastest route with a very long distance. anyway, i managed to arrive at the starting point earlier than last year and got the second last "valuable" parking space!


i stayed for awhile in the car listening to radio and finally went out to get my bib after about 10 minutes. i saw georg and met ingo, who was there earlier than i was and he looked quite nervous. it was his first 10 km event. i told him not to run very fast at the beginning because the route is quite hilly. due to this beautiful weather, there were quite a number of participants running in this event today. compared to last year's snowy weather, this was like summer for us (just the temperature was short of about 20° celsius)!


went back to the car to get my gf305 and to warm up. then i realised that i had forgotten to bring my headband. damn. not only does my headband protect my ears from the cold, it also held the earphones stable. now i had to run without headband and most probably without earphones too.

i fumbled with my earphones for the first few kilometers and it got really on my nerves. i should concentrate on the paths instead of playing with the earphones. i finally decided that the earphone should be just left out and i had to run without music. felt very lethargic for the first stretch of the route and i believed that this could be the after effect from friday's run. even though i made good grounds on runners in front of me during the uphill section, i lost my advantage when running downhill. i always had to slow down. i must train for downhill running!

joined a group of three runners and one of them had to slow down at 7 km point. the guy kept running away from me and the another lady but we managed to "get" him back during the uphill section. i was slowing for the last 1.5 km and soon another guy ran passed me. couldn't do any challenge anymore because my legs were heavy like lead. after seeing the 9 km mark, i was happy and did speed up a bit and used whatever left after turning 90° to the right. unfortunately that turn was not the last turn towards the finish line. quite angry with myself for being forgetful and now had to drag myself uphill for the final 200 meters before i could enjoy my "rest".




queueing up for the tea ceremony


the tea after the run was really refreshing and i took 3 cups of it to drain my thirst. a familiar face greeted me and asked if i got my camera with me during the run - no, not for this event becos of the hilly characters and camera could be a burden for me - i told him. met him last year during that hot 25 km run.


later in the day, i realised that i have been running quite constant with the second half exactly 1 second faster than the first.

alsteration (week 6) : 42.377 km
alstering : 21.990 km
non-alstering : 20.387 km

total running (february) : 62.547 km
davon
alstering : 21.990 km
35.16% gehört zu alsteration