Dienstag, 20. Januar 2009

first time - it was so painful

7° celsius. sunny and dry. 16:07 (0:38:35)

i've made up my mind to go out. out and run. i couldn't even remember when was the last time i ran. i thought it would be simple - just put on your running shoes and start running - unfortunately i have to learn the hard way.

it wasn't that cold and windy like last week and after such a long time being down with bad cough and cold, i was ready to start my 'running life' again. i think it was end of november 2008, was the last time i ran. bad knees and health problem and of course 'bad weather' stopped me from putting on my running shoes. anyway, today was supposed to be the first.

just as i ran a couple of steps, my knees hurt very badly. really, really bad. i didn't know why. i knew i had knee problem but i didn't think it would turned out this way. i played badminton and did step-aerobics - no problem at all. cycling was also no problem. after about hundert meters, i felt like stopping and returning back home. don't stop, just continue - just very, very slowly. so i just heard my inner self and ran really slow, so slow that i myself couldn't believe it. almost 8 min/km pace. walking pace. it was an agony.

after about 1.5 km i felt better. though i couldn't run much faster, i felt the pain subsided. i told myself not to overexert(?) and to run as slowly as i could managed. either 5 km or 30 mins was my limit for today. it was a little over but not much. i felt really good after the run.